Welcome to the Oakland Tenants Union! OTU is only as good as its membership. We are a fully member-run organization! We sincerely hope that you will get involved to your fullest capacity by joining our monthly membership meetings, participating in our actions, and participating in our committees. No experience is necessary to participate! Now that you're a member, you can:
- Read through our New Member Handbook
- Schedule an introductory meeting with an organizer
- Get your free t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Join a committee
- The Policy Committee works to change local and state laws to be better for tenants. If you are interested in writing laws and ordinances, lobbying your elected officials, working in coalitions with other organizations, or any other aspect of a policy campaign, consider joining the Policy Committee!
- The Education & Counseling Committee is dedicated to making sure that all tenants know their rights. If you are interested in learning and teaching about tenants' rights, consider joining the Education & Counseling Committee!
- The Outreach & Communications Committee is responsible for telling existing and potential members about what OTU is up to. If you are interested in social media, websites, making posters, tabling at events, or door-knocking your building or neighborhood, consider joining the Outreach & Communications Committee!